Paul Goodliff, Ministry, Sacrament and Representation: Ministry and Ordination in Contemporary Baptist Theology, and the Rise of Sacramentalism (Oxford: Regent’s Park College, 2010), £20.
This is a revised version of my dad’s doctoral thesis, which was based on survey of Baptist ministers and interviews with recent Baptist College principals. It is volume 2 in the new Centre for Baptist History and Heritage Series. It will be available at the Baptist Assembly this weekend and shortly after here.
2. Methodological Considerations
3. A Narrative Account of the Formal Documents
4. The Documents: A Systematic Analysis
5. Analysis of the Survey Data
6. Analysis of the Interview Data
7. Five Factors Shaping Changing Belief
8. The Sacramental Turn
9. Postscript: Creation, Eschaton, and the Formation and Practice of Ministry